Sunday, September 22, 2013

A View into the Heavens

Below is an inspired comment by my dear friend, Doris, who one day, hopefully, will offer some of her own insights on having confidence in God on this very blog, or one of her own making.  For now, I will share just this much because I could not have said it any better. 

"This image just takes my breath away and Helen Keller's words here take on an other-worldly significance. In the words of my youth..."it blows my mind" and I think that's a good thing. My God is so much greater than the image of "a kindly old man" sitting on a throne in Heaven. My God, through His ineffable love and omnipotent (((and yes, I said omnipotent...I would not worship a being without the power of creation in His very hand))) and majestic power, has given me all I need to live the life He has planned for me. I only limit that fact by my own hesitation and earthbound fears. I'm learning that there are far more open doors than obstacles in life...but I must step out of the confines of my own making...and I must step out in faith."  Doris H.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." Helen Keller

God is an awesome God and to think, He cares about you and me, and even things as insignificant as a tiny sparrow. That, too, "blows my mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment